Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Niamh lost her first tooth

Niamh has been desperate to loose a tooth for a while now. She is the last one in her class to loose and tooth and was feeling a little sad about it. Her tooth has been wiggly since the beginning of December and she has been giving us a progress report every day.
On Monday when I picked her up from school she said "Hey Mam, there is something back here behind my loose tooth. I think it is my 'permament' tooth"
When we got home I had a look at it and sure enough her permanent tooth was growing in behind the baby tooth. It was pretty far back and I was worried that if it stayed back there she would have to get braces eventually, so I told Scott that he had to pull her baby tooth out. Niamh was so excited that she was going to lose her tooth but as soon as Scott started pulling it and she freaked out!



You can see from this photo that she had been crying, her face was all red but as soon as it was out she stopped and laughed.



If you look closely at this photo you can see her new tooth growing in behind the hole where her other tooth was.



The tooth fairy came last night and she must have been pretty brave because she left $5, wow it's gone up since I was a kid. I think I got about 50 pence (which is about $1)

6 comments:

Alison said...

Way to be brave Niamh! Kyler was one of the last to lose a tooth in his 1st grade too. I didn't dare pull his though. Good thing Dads are braver than moms and dare do it! Cute pictures.

Julie Loftus said...

$5!!! I think I need to be losing some teeth and getting some money from your toothfairy..ha-ha! I can't wait to see her in person with her cute little toothless smile.

periwinkle4 said...

wow, I got a quarter! my kids get $1 so I guess it is a good thing that they don't get to talk to Niamh. lol. What a brave girl! Hopefully now the "permament" (so cute!) will have room to come in right. : )

Karri said...

she is so cute with her tooth gone. I want you to be my toothfairy!

Becca said...

Mikey also gets $5 a tooth. I am about to start pulling out my own if I can sell them for a fiver each, lol. Your children are beautiful Cheryl!

Pamcakes said...

She looks so cute with her lost tooth. Isn't it funny how excited they get to lose a tooth. They are pretty brave.