Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ronan's 3rd Birthday.



Wow, I can't believe that my baby boy is 3! We had Ro's birthday party last night because Niamh had dress rehersal for her dance recital tonight. We had it at Pojo's playland and the kids had a blast! Thanks to all of our friends who came and had fun with us!! I made his birthday cake this year and the kids all loved it, Ro was more interested in taking the cars off the track than blowing the candles out!








I was laying in bed last night after the birthday party thinking about how quickly time goes by. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since Ro was born and here he is getting ready to go to preschool in September!



The past few months since we found out about Ronan's sensory issues have been pretty exhausting and trying at times but I am so grateful for the privilage and blessing of being his Mam. There have been times lately when I have had a little pity party for myself. It is hard sometimes to see Ronan with other kids his age and notice how different he is. I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if I will ever hear him say "I love you" or do things like other kids his age.

Ronan is such a special boy and I am so blessed that Heavenly Father trusted me enough to allow me to be his Mother. He is so strong willed and I have to remind myself sometimes that he is such a valiant spirit who was saved especially for this time. He has a smile that lights up the whole room and is so loving and genuine . He is hard work at times and I can be so mad at him but the second he comes over and gives me a hug and a kiss it is all gone.

Thankyou Ronan, for being you! For teaching me how to be a better Mam and for always loving me, even when I make mistakes! I love you so much, you are a very special boy. xxxxx

2 comments:

Wolfley Family said...

I love the shirt he's wearing on top!!! I can't believe he's getting so old - time is going way too quickly...

caligirlinfl said...

Wow! He is 3 already! I remember when you had him. I have been meaning to e-mail you and ask how Ronan is doing. I hope we can talk soon!