Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween 2008

For FHE the Monday before Halloween we carved pumpkins. The kids were so excited to do it but after about 10 minutes they were bored and poor Scott ended up doing all the work.



Once again, Kian was afraid of the inside of the pumpkin. On this pic you can see him trying to get away from Ro.....who thought it was funny to scare Kian with the guts. Hahaha



Here's the finished product, didn't Scott do a good job. Hahaha



And here they are all lit up on Halloween.



The kids had so much fun this year. Ronan really grasped the concept of trick or treating. He would say "treat, treat, thanks, see ya" all in one breath before grabbing a hand full of sweets and then telling Scott and I to "huyee up" to the next house. LOL. My original plan was to dress the kids as the characters from the Wizard of Oz. As you can see from the pics my plan failed miserably...hahaha.



Kian would not be the tin man....no matter what I tried to bribe him with. Apparantly when you are 5 it is not cool to be the tin man. A black knight (with a sword) is a much better option.



Ronan has a fab scarecrow costume....unused in the closet. He would not wear it and threw the biggest fit because he wanted to be Mr Incredible.....again!! Yes it is the same costume he wore last year, but for those of you who know Ronan, we take whatever we can get. I have a feeling he may be Mr Incredible every year until he is 10 ;-)



I did manage to get 2 of my kids to humour me though. Niamh was the prettiest Dorothy I have ever seen. Seriously, I know I am biased but isn't she beautiful. I told Scott that night that he is in big trouble when she is a teenager and wearing make-up and stuff. The boys will be breaking down the door.



Liam didn't really have any choice in the matter but he did make an adorable Lion.



We had a lot of fun but I am really, really glad that it is only once a year. I think we may have enough candy to last us till then too.

1 comment:

Karri said...

Hey Cheryl, Your pictures are so cute. We didn't even get time to do pumpkins this year. So the hats are $15 and come with two flowers. The scarfs are $20 and come with two flowers. Or the set is $30. So let me know the colors and I'll have it made probably Monday or Tuesday. Your bows would be absobluely darling with these too. thanks Cheryl