Monday, December 8, 2008

These are the moments.....

Last night I had such a special moment with two of my boys. Liam has a cold and wasn't sleeping very well. He was tossing and turning all night and kept whining in his sleep. I finally got up with him at about 3:15am and came out to lay on the couch. He was in a really snugly mood, so I just lay there holding him while he slept on my chest. About 15 minutes later, right as I was dozing off Ronan came into the front room and woke up Liam. ARGH....I was so mad!! I went and put him back in bed and a few seconds later in he came again, with his pillow this time. He climbed up on the couch beside me and put his head on my chest. I had Liam on the right side and Ronan on the left. I had 2 choices, I could get mad at Ro, yell at him and put him back in bed or I could let him be. I decided as long as he was being good I would just let him stay there. I am so glad that I did. They both lay right there and went to sleep.
As I sat there in the dark, listening to their breathing and snuggling my babies, I suddenly got really emotional. My babies are all past the cuddly stage, they are usually fighting to get away. It is those priceless moments that make it all worthwhile. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a Mam. I am not perfect, I have a lot to learn. But I am grateful for my children and the things I learn from them every day. They are so loving and forgiving and love me unconditionally. I get so busy and caught up in the every day things of life that I often miss those sweet, simple moments. I am so grateful that at 3:30am I was able to experience this one.

3 comments:

The Hammers said...

That's sweet. I get those every once in a while and cherish them until the next blue moon comes around. You are a great mom, I'm sure of it. Your kids wouldn't look so happy if you weren't.

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Those tender moments are the best.

caligirlinfl said...

Oh, you made me tear up. Those are such precious moments.