Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter

Easter weekend was so much fun. On Saturday morning we took the kids to an Easter egg hunt. They had a great time finding eggs. Liam figured it out pretty quickly, once he did there was no stopping him!





After the egg hunt we took the kids out for a fun lunch, then we came home and dyed eggs. Ronan LOVED it. He just wanted to put all of the eggs in every colour dye. His eggs were beautiful by the time he was done!!






The kids all got new church clothes for Easter. They all looked gorgeous. I loved the boys in their suits, they were sooo handsome. (I know I'm biased, but look how cute they are!)







I made the most of getting Niamh into a pretty dress this year. Those days are coming to an end sooner than I would like, but at least she humoured me for one more year.



Not the best shot of all 4 of them, but we take whatever we can get around here.



I am so grateful for the Easter season that we were able to celebrate together as a family. I had a lot of time to reflect on the true meaning of Easter. We decided to simplify things this year, the kids didn't get a lot, but they didn't care. They were so happy with what they did get.
I am so grateful for my Saviour, for the sacrifice that he made for me. That he loved me enough to lay down his life for me. I am so grateful for the resurrection and for the knowledge it gives me that I will live again. That I will be blessed with the opportunity to live with my family eternally. Nothing will bring me greater joy than to return home and see ALL of my family there with me. It isn't easy, but it will definately be worth it!!

5 comments:

Julie Loftus said...

OH my gosh! Those boys are sooo dang cute in their little suits!! And of course Niamh is beautiful like always.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Oh man they are so cute!! You don't need to be biased to know that those boys are handsome little men!!!

periwinkle4 said...

Your kids are so cute! What handsome little men and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Niamh's dress!

Unknown said...

Get your princess into a dress for as many easters as you can. I think that the last time my mom got me into a big easter dress was in junior high school (7th grade) after that I protested. It is only one sunday anyway.
And Kians hair. Oh my, I am terrified for the day that sera tries to do that to her hair.

Alison said...

Your kids look darling! Isn't is fun to get them all dressed up and looking neat at the same time? Love Niamh's beautiful dress, and could there be anything cuter than a little boy in a suit? I guess it would be 3 little boys in suits! Darling!